BC Express review scores as of 8/22/22
Telltale Signs Your Heating System Needs Repair
BC Express review scores as of 2/22/23
Now that winter has arrived, you’ve likely already been using your heating system to stay comfortable. Having a reliable source of heat in your home is important. Not only does it help your family stay cozy, but it also helps them stay safe as well. If you’ve had your heating system maintained, that’s great! Getting annual maintenance is one of the best ways you can ensure your system is operating both effectively and efficiently.
But, even with maintenance in place, you may find yourself in need of heating repairs. This is especially true if you’ve had to run your system a lot, or if the heating equipment is older. And while we realize it’s not necessarily good news, it’s likely that your heating system will give you some warning signs to let you know there’s a problem. We’ll share a few telltale signs that your system may need repair below. Keep reading to learn more!
5 Signs Your Heating System May Give You When It Needs Repair
- Increased energy bills. If you’ve noticed that your energy bills are unusually high and there aren’t other factors causing the increase, then it could mean that your heating system needs a checkup. A rise in energy costs could mean your heating system has to work harder to heat your home.
- Strange sounds. Heating systems have the usual noise they make when they start and shut off. But if you’re hearing strange noises (think screeching, banging, or grinding) there could be problems with a system component, like the motor or fan.
- Uneven warming. Are you noticing that no matter how high you turn up the thermostat, it doesn’t seem to warm up in your home? Or that certain areas of your home remain chilly, even when the heat is on? Either of these situations could point to a problem with your thermostat, ductwork, or heating equipment.
- Heat pump compressor concerns. Heat pumps, ductless heating systems, and dual fuel systems all use compressors to transfer heat into your home. If you’re noticing that your compressor is either running constantly or short cycling, it needs to be checked out right away because either of these issues can cause serious damage to your heating system.
- Unpleasant odors. Burning odors or melting plastic or rubber smells usually mean that your system needs repair in a hurry. It can mean that a part of your system is broken or damaged or may need a tune-up. If smoke accompanies the odors, leave your home right away and call your fire department!
If you’re noticing any of these signs from your heating equipment, it’s important to deal with it right away. Call your HVAC contractor and get an appointment scheduled as soon as possible, because the more you wait, the more you’re headed toward large repairs, and possibly even system replacement – and both of those scenarios will be costly.
BC Express can help you if you need heating system repairs.
When you need heating repair services, you can trust the NATE-certified technicians at BC Express to help you! To learn more about our professional heating services, simply give us a call at 732-240-2828. We will provide you with the best heating products and services available, helping you stay comfortable no matter how cold it gets outside!
Get an Estimate
They Left My Home Immaculate
Neat, Professional and Thorough
We are very happy we chose BC Express, and heartily recommend them!!"
Took the Time to Answer All of Our Questions
Everyone at BC is Very Knowledgeable
Extremely Friendly and Helpful