BC Express review scores as of 8/22/22
7 Ways to Get Your Home Ready for Fall
BC Express review scores as of 2/22/23
September has arrived, and that means fall is quickly on its way. School has started again, and people are falling back into their normal routines. For many of us, getting our homes ready for the cooler months ahead is a priority this time of year. If you’ve been thinking about how you can make your home more comfortable and more efficient once the cooler weather hits, we can help!
We’re sharing some ideas for preparing your home for the fall season ahead. Not only do these suggestions help you maximize your home comfort level, but they also can help you stay safe and keep your home’s energy usage under control – both of which every homeowner wants for themselves and their family. Keep reading to learn more!
Get your home autumn-ready with these seven practical tips.
- Make sure there are no drafty doors or windows. Drafts mean that the cooler air that comes with the fall season can make its way inside your home – and heated air can make its way outside. This can cause your heating system to have to work harder to keep your home warm – and that means a greater expense when it comes time to pay the utility bills.
- Check your home’s insulation. If you lack proper insulation in your home, it means that your heating system has to work overtime. The right amount of insulation helps keep the heat inside during the cooler months, as well as the cooled air in during the summer – and that can help you save on your energy bills year-round!
- Clear out your rain gutters. During the summer months, rain gutters can collect all sorts of debris and organic matter, like pine needles, leaves, pollen and even insects. That buildup means the water can’t flow properly off your roof, and icy buildup or leaks can become concerns.
- Test your home safety devices. Make sure your carbon monoxide detectors and smoke alarms have fresh batteries, and are working properly. If not, replace them right away. Once you start using your fireplace and heating equipment, having safety devices in good working order is crucial. You should also check fire extinguishers, to be sure they haven’t expired. (Yes, they do expire!)
- Prepare your air conditioning system for the cooler months ahead. When it’s time to change over from cooling to heating in your home, you’ll want to get your AC system tucked in for its seasonal rest. Clean any debris that may have collected around it over the summer, and invest in an air conditioner cover to keep your system safe from the elements the cold weather can bring.
- Consider installing a smart or programmable thermostat. Today there are thermostats available that are easily controlled from your phone and can even “learn” your habits. Even a basic programmable thermostat, though, can help you more easily control the temperature in your home – ultimately helping you save on your fuel and electricity costs.
- Call BC Express to schedule your fall heating maintenance. One of the best things you can do for your home’s heating system is get annual maintenance, and the autumn season is the best time to do it. Fall maintenance will help ensure your heating system is operating effectively and efficiently – so you can rest assured you’ll be comfortable once the cooler weather hits.
At BC Express, we can help you with your fall maintenance needs.
You can rely on BC Express to help you get the annual maintenance your heating system needs in order to operate properly. We can also help you with your home safety device and smart thermostat needs. When you contact us to schedule your fall maintenance, just ask us how we can help you get carbon monoxide detectors, smoke alarms and programmable thermostats, too. Just give us a call at 732-240-2828, and we’ll be more than happy to assist you.
Get an Estimate
By Far the Best, Most Reliable HVAC Company Around
Thank you BC Express!"
They Left My Home Immaculate
I Highly Recommend Them
Neat, Professional and Thorough
We are very happy we chose BC Express, and heartily recommend them!!"
Professional and Pressure Free
Needless to say the crew that performed the job was outstanding. Sam and Dave did a great job and left the work are area very tidy. The job itself looks so nice and impressive. The post-work communication about service expectations and follow-up schedule left me with a warm feeling. I highly recommend this company."