BC Express review scores as of 8/22/22
Why Should I Consider a Home Generator?
BC Express review scores as of 1/22/24
Nobody likes to think about an extended power outage, but it can happen for a variety of reasons. Power outages that last more than a few hours are not only inconvenient, but they can also pose some health and safety risks as well. Fortunately, home generators can help keep you and your family comfortable and safe during a power outage.
In this article, we’ll talk about how a home generator works, reasons why you may want to consider installing one, and how BC Express can help meet all your home generator needs. Keep reading to learn more.
How Does a Whole-Home Generator Work?
Many people have heard of portable generators, but the type we typically provide are whole-home generator systems that require professional installation. This type of generator often provides more benefits to the homeowner than a portable unit because it automatically senses when the power goes out. When the system’s automatic transfer switch senses that the loss of power has been more than a few seconds, it activates, providing power to your entire home or dedicated circuits. The transfer switch also senses when power is restored and sends a signal to the generator to shut down.
6 Reasons Why Installing a Home Generator Makes Sense
Having a home generator not only offers convenience but can also help you stay safe. You don’t have to worry about issues like food spoilage, and your home comfort system will continue to operate, ensuring that you have the heating or cooling you need. Learn more about how installing a generator can be beneficial:
- A generator allows you to maintain a comfortable living environment by keeping heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC) systems running.
- Critical appliances like refrigerators, freezers, and medical equipment can continue to operate.
- If you work from home, a generator ensures that you can continue your operations without disruption during power outages.
- A generator ensures that your security systems, such as alarms and surveillance cameras, remain operational during power outages.
- A generator provides a stable power supply, protecting sensitive electronic devices like computers, TVs, and appliances from potential harm.
- For homes with basements, a generator can keep the sump pump working during power outages, preventing flooding and water damage.
BC Express is ready to help you get the home generator you need.
At BC Express, we’re pleased to offer our customers high-quality Generac generator systems for their homes. To learn more about our generator installation service, give us a call at 732-240-2828. We will provide you with the best products, along with expert services that help ensure your home is safe and comfortable.
Get an Estimate