BC Express review scores as of 8/22/22
Spring Allergy Time Has Arrived. Are You Prepared?
BC Express review scores as of 10/20/23
Most people can agree that spring is a beautiful time of year. Trees are budding, flowers are in bloom, and the weather is getting warmer. For those who suffer from seasonal allergies, however, spring can mean sniffling, sneezing, and stuffy noses. That’s because when those trees bud and those flowers blossom, they send pollen into the air.
Pollen is a leading cause of seasonal allergies, along with the mold that often grows exponentially because of damp, warmer weather conditions. While there isn’t much you can do to control the outdoor environment, fortunately, there are ways you can deal with allergens in your home – giving you a safe haven away from the allergens outside.
Why should I try to improve the air quality in my home?
There are a whole host of reasons that you might want to consider what the indoor air quality in your home is like. Better indoor air quality can:
- Improve the overall health of you and your family
- Mitigate asthma or seasonal allergy symptoms
- Help avoid headaches, coughing, and fatigue
- Help you and your family enjoy fresh, clean air
How can I prevent pollen from entering my home?
You may be wondering if there are some practical measures you can take when it comes to bringing pollen into your living space. Luckily, there are a few simple steps you can take that can minimize pollen and other outdoor allergens from entering your home environment, including:
- Taking your shoes and outerwear off before entering your home: Pollen can settle on shoes and jackets and can be tracked into your home that way. Removing coats and shoes at the door can help keep pollen at bay.
- Increasing your cleaning routine: If you have an allergy sufferer in your home, you may want to dust, sweep, mop, and vacuum more often. That can help eliminate some of the allergens that may have been brought inside.
- Keeping doors and windows closed on high-pollen days: While we all enjoy the fresh spring breeze blowing through our windows, it can also mean more pollen and other allergens in your indoor air. If you have seasonal allergies, it’s best to keep windows and doors shut when the plant life outdoors is blooming.
What if these measures aren’t enough?
For those with severe allergies, taking the above steps may help, but might still not be enough to keep the air as fresh and clean as necessary. In these situations, it may be time to consider installing indoor air quality products in your home. At BC Express, we want to help all of our customers enjoy the best possible comfort in their homes. That’s why we’re pleased to offer indoor air quality products such as:
- Air Scrubbers: We offer the Air Scrubber Plus with ActivePure technology. This is a revolutionary new system designed to help eliminate indoor air quality risks by reducing air pollutants, VOCs (chemical odors), cigarette smoke, dust, pollen, mold, odor-causing bacteria, and odors caused by pets and cooking.
- Air Cleaners: Whole house air cleaners replace the thin filters that come with a furnace or air handler. These advanced air cleaners can capture microscopic particles including allergens, VOCs, bacteria, and more.
- Home Humidification Products: Humidification products work by either introducing moisture into the air or removing it. Whole-house humidifiers help to add moisture into the air which is then circulated throughout the home. Dehumidifiers, conversely, extract moisture from your home’s air. Both provide for better efficiency of your home comfort system and help prevent contaminants from circulating around your home.
BC Express is ready to help you fight seasonal allergies with the IAQ products you need.
BC Express is a highly experienced home comfort contractor, and we take pride in providing our customers with the best indoor air quality solutions for their specific needs. Quality HVAC equipment is the foundation of our business. Let us help you get the indoor air quality products you need for your home. Simply give us a call at 732-240-2828, and we will be happy to assist you.
Get an Estimate