BC Express review scores as of 8/22/22
Keep Your Air Conditioning System Running Smoothly with Maintenance
BC Express review scores as of 10/20/23
Spring is in full swing in New Jersey, and summer is right around the corner. It’s that time of year when Mother Nature starts to crank up the temperatures outside. While most people enjoy a day of fun in the sun, they also like to return home to rest in a cool, comfortable environment. That’s where home air conditioning systems come in.
Air conditioners are an essential part of many homes, providing relief from the heat during the summer months. However, like any appliance, air conditioners need regular maintenance to keep them running smoothly. Fortunately, there are a few things that you as a homeowner can do to keep your air conditioning system running effectively and efficiently, this summer and for years to come. Keep reading to learn more!
How Can I Keep My AC System in Good Shape?
Homeowners often wonder if there is anything they can do to ensure their system is ready for the summer heat. There are definitely a few things you can do to help keep your air conditioning system well-maintained, including:
Change the filter regularly. The filter is the first line of defense against dust and debris that can clog your air conditioner and reduce its efficiency. Most experts recommend changing the filter every month during the cooling season.
- Inspect the unit for leaks. If you see any leaks, it’s important to call a professional air conditioning contractor and have them repaired as soon as possible. Leaks can damage your air conditioner and waste energy.
- Clean the coils. The coils are responsible for absorbing heat from the air, so it’s important to keep them clean. Your owner’s manual will explain how to clean the coils, but like anything else, if you’re experiencing any hesitation – don’t DIY. Call a professional.
- Keep the outdoor condenser unit clear of debris. This includes leaves, grass clippings, and other objects that can block airflow. Even pests like insects and rodents like to nest in outdoor units, so be sure to inspect it well each spring.
- Make sure the outdoor unit is level. This will help to prevent leaks and ensure that the unit operates properly.
- Have the unit serviced by a professional annually. A professional can perform a more thorough inspection of your air conditioner and identify any potential problems before they cause major damage.
By following these tips, you can help keep your air conditioner running effectively and efficiently for many years to come.
I need professional AC maintenance. Can BC Express help?
Of course we can! At BC Express, we’re pleased to offer a complete list of air conditioning services, including AC maintenance. Our highly qualified, NATE-certified technicians can easily perform the maintenance you need to ensure that your air conditioning system will be ready to help you stay cool as a cucumber, all summer long.
To learn more about our professional air conditioning maintenance services in Toms River and Central NJ, simply give us a call at 732-240-2828. We will provide you with the best air conditioning products, along with our expert services that help ensure your home is comfortable, no matter how hot it gets outside!
Get an Estimate