BC Express review scores as of 8/22/22
How Can I Tell if My Air Conditioner Needs Repair?
BC Express review scores as of 10/20/23
At this point of the summer, chances are your air conditioning system has been running frequently. Hopefully, it’s been working perfectly for you all season long, effectively and efficiently cooling your home. However, if you’ve noticed that it isn’t performing as well as it has in the past, you may need to consider having your AC system serviced.
However, you may be wondering what the signs might be that your air conditioning system isn’t working as well as it should. Many times, your AC will give you some indication that it may need repairs before it breaks down completely. In this article, we’ll talk about what you should be on the lookout for – so you can get your system the service it needs before it stops working altogether. Keep reading to learn more!
5 Signs Your AC System Needs Service
- Your system isn’t effectively cooling your entire home. If you’ve noticed some rooms are cooler than others, it’s probably a good idea to get your system checked out. There are several reasons why your system may not be keeping your entire home as cool as you’d like. There may be issues with your thermostat, or your ductwork may be leaking or blocked. Or, there could be a problem with the AC unit itself.
- You notice that there are a lot of dust particles in the air. Generally speaking, this is caused by a buildup of debris in your system. You may simply need to change your filter, or your ductwork may be collecting dust and dirt. A dirty system can often cause your AC to have to work harder and can lead to a breakdown.
- The air in your home smells musty when the AC runs. Usually, this means that there is mold or mildew growing somewhere in your air conditioning system. This can diminish your home’s indoor air quality and can cause problems for people in your family with mold allergies, so it’s best to have a professional look into the issue.
- Your utility bills have been higher than usual. If your energy bills have been on the rise for no apparent reason, it might mean your air conditioning system is not operating as efficiently as it should be. This could be caused by a dirty air filter or some other issue within your AC system.
- You’ve added on to your home this summer. While this won’t necessarily cause your air conditioning system to break down, it can be taxing to your system. That’s because air conditioners are generally sized based on a home’s square footage. Your current AC system will need to work harder to cool your now-larger home. One way to remedy this is to balance out your home cooling and heating by adding a ductless system to your new space.
I think I need to have my AC system checked out. Can BC Express help me?
We sure can! At BC Express, we proudly offer our customers a complete range of air conditioning services, including repair, maintenance, and installation of quality cooling equipment from brands like Carrier and Mitsubishi Electric. If you’ve noticed your air conditioner isn’t working as well as you’d like, we want to help. Simply give us a call at 732-240-2828 to schedule an appointment.
Get an Estimate