BC Express review scores as of 8/22/22
Feeling the Fall Sniffles & Sneezes? Improve Your Home’s Air This Autumn!
BC Express review scores as of 10/20/23
For many people, the fall season can bring on allergy symptoms, such as itchy eyes, sniffling, and sneezing. That’s because certain allergens, like ragweed pollen and outdoor mold, tend to be at their peak during the autumn. While there isn’t much you can do outside to avoid breathing in the allergens that can make you miserable in the fall, there are some steps you can take to breathe easier indoors.
5 Things You Can Do to Avoid Fall Allergens Indoors
Below is a list of practical steps you as a homeowner can take to keep allergens out of your home during the fall season:
- Keep windows closed on high pollen days. While it might be tempting to open windows on a warmer autumn day, this can allow pollen from ragweed and other fall weeds into your home. Once it’s inside, it can cause pesky allergy symptoms that make you feel uncomfortable.
- Take off your shoes and outerwear at the door. If you spend time outdoors during the fall, you can bring allergens like pollens and mold spores on your footwear and outerwear. You can avoid tracking those particles throughout your home by removing shoes and coats at the door.
- Vacuum and sweep floors regularly. While taking the steps mentioned above can minimize outdoor allergens, it’s impossible to keep them all out of your home. As such, it’s important to vacuum the carpeting and sweep floors to help reduce allergens in your home.
- Shower after spending a long time outside. If you spend a prolonged period of time outdoors, it’s a good idea to shower when you come inside. Pollen can settle in your hair, and that can transfer to your bedding – causing you to breathe in allergens while you sleep.
- Consider installing indoor air quality products (IAQ) in your home. Sometimes, it takes more than the steps above to keep your home comfortably allergen-free. If you’re still experiencing seasonal allergy symptoms indoors, it might be time to look into IAQ products for your home.
What IAQ products can help keep allergens like pollen and mold at bay?
For those with severe fall allergies, taking the above steps may help, but might still not be enough to keep the air as fresh and clean as necessary. In these situations, it may be time to consider installing IAQ products in your home. At BC Express, we want to help all of our customers enjoy the best possible comfort in their homes. Learn more about the quality IAQ products we offer below:
- Air Scrubbers: We offer Air Scrubber Plus with ActivePure technology. This is a revolutionary new system designed to help eliminate indoor air quality risks by reducing air pollutants, VOCs (chemical odors), cigarette smoke, dust, pollen, mold, odor-causing bacteria, and odors caused by pets and cooking.
- Air Cleaners: Whole house air cleaners replace the thin filters that come with a furnace or air handler. These advanced air cleaners can capture microscopic particles including allergens, VOCs, bacteria, and more.
- Home Humidification Products: Humidification products work by either introducing moisture into the air or removing it. Whole-house humidifiers help to add moisture into the air which is then circulated throughout the home. Dehumidifiers, conversely, extract moisture from your home’s air. Both provide for better efficiency of your home comfort system and help prevent contaminants from circulating around your home.
BC Express is ready to help you fight fall allergies with the IAQ products you need.
BC Express is a highly experienced home comfort contractor, and we take pride in providing our customers with the best indoor air quality solutions for their specific needs. Quality home comfort equipment, including IAQ products, is the foundation of our business, and we can help you find the right solution for your home. Simply give us a call at 732-240-2828, and we will be happy to assist you.
Get an Estimate