BC Express review scores as of 8/22/22
Do Heat Pump Systems Work in the Northeast?
BC Express review scores as of 10/20/23
By now, it’s likely you’ve heard of heat pump systems. You probably know they can provide your home with heating when the temperatures outside dip down, but you might not be sure exactly what they are or how they operate. And, many people have heard of homeowners in the Southern United States using heat pump systems, but aren’t sure if they’ll work in colder climates.
In recent years, heat pump technology has improved dramatically when it comes to operation in colder climates, like those we often experience in the Northeast. Using a heat pump to heat our homes in this area is now a viable option, and that has piqued the interest of many homeowners in the northern states. In this article, we’ll talk about what a heat pump system is and some of the benefits of installing one in your home.
What are some of the benefits of installing a heat pump system?
A heat pump system doesn’t require fossil fuel to operate, like a furnace or boiler system. Heat pumps instead work by extracting heat from the air or ground (geothermal) and pumping that heat into your home. Here are a few benefits of owning a heat pump system:
- Energy Efficiency: Because of the fact that they don’t require fuel to operate, heat pumps are a highly efficient way to keep your home warm and comfortable. And, if you use an electrical heating system, such as baseboard heat, a heat pump can save you up to 50 percent in energy costs, according to the Department of Energy.
- Clean Heating: Most furnaces burn fuel in order to operate, which can leave behind odors and residues. With a heat pump system, you won’t have to worry about any fuel emissions, making your home cleaner and less susceptible to carbon monoxide issues.
- Cooling Capabilities: A huge benefit to installing a heat pump system is that it can also be used to cool your home in the summer months. Instead of extracting heat from the air outside and pumping it indoors, the heat pump extracts heat from the inside air and pumps it out of your home.
- Quiet Operation: Most people find that heat pump systems operate much more quietly than traditional systems. In most cases, they operate at about the same noise level as rustling leaves or a whisper.
- Compatible with Ductwork: If you currently have a furnace in your home, the heat from that system is delivered throughout your home. The indoor air handler component of a ducted heat pump system can use your existing ductwork to deliver heat throughout your home.
I don’t have a duct system in my home. Will a heat pump work for me?
Homes that use electric baseboard heat likely don’t have ductwork. If this is the case in your home, there’s good news! You can install a ductless heat pump system instead. Ductless units are placed in individual rooms or zones throughout your home and provide the same benefits as a ducted heat pump system.
Can BC Express help me get a heat pump system for my home?
At BC Express, we know heat pumps are an efficient home comfort solution. Heat pumps provide year-round comfort by providing heating and cooling solutions. We’re pleased to offer our customers expert heat pump installation, repair, and maintenance. Our NATE-certified technicians will help you with all your heat pump needs.
To learn more about our quality heat pump products and services, simply give us a call at 732-240-2828. We will provide you with the best products, along with expert installation services that help ensure your home is comfortable, no matter what the season.
Get an Estimate