Should I Be Thinking About New AC for My Home?
BC Express review scores as of 7/14/21
Do you have an older air conditioning system installed in your home? If so, you should know that AC systems become less and less efficient the older they get. This especially goes for air conditioners that haven’t been properly maintained. If you’re worried that your AC isn’t working as well as it did in the past, or that you’re paying more in energy bills during the warmer months than usual, then you’ll want to read this article!
It isn’t always easy to know if an air conditioning system should be replaced. And for many homeowners, it’s a larger expense. Once your system gets to be about 10 years old, though, it’s an expense you may want to start budgeting for. Obviously, getting maintenance on an annual basis can help prolong the life of your AC, but a hard-working machine like your air conditioner has a limited lifespan. Fortunately, there are some signs your older air conditioner might be showing you that can help you determine if it’s time for a replacement.
Five Ways to Tell if Your Air Conditioning System Needs Replacement
Here are five signs that you as a homeowner can look out for when it comes to your AC system:
- Your air conditioning system’s age. Is it more than 10 years old? Then it may be time to start thinking about replacement, especially if you’ve had to make repairs or notice utility bills going up unusually.
- Your AC needs more and more repairs. If your energy bills are on the rise, and your air conditioning system keeps needing more frequent repairs, this means that your system is likely working much harder than it should have to keep your home effectively cool.
- Your home’s humidity levels are higher than normal. Air conditioners generally help to remove the humidity from the air. If yours isn’t doing that, it could be a sign that it needs to be replaced. Humid air also holds the heat in, which in turn can make a failing system have to work even harder.
- The air conditioning unit is making unusual noises. AC systems, new and old alike, make some noise when they operate. But they shouldn’t make loud, unusual noises such as squealing, grinding, or banging. If any of these noises are happening, it could be an indicator of an expensive repair.
- Your AC is cooling your home unevenly. If you’re noticing that some areas of your home are hot, and some are overly chilly, this could be caused by a whole host of issues. Inadequate insulation or duct issues are two possible causes, but an older air conditioner might not be operating properly and need repair – or more likely, replacement.
Who can help me decide if I need AC repair or replacement?
If you’re concerned that you need a new air conditioning system for your home, it’s important that you talk to one of the professionals at BC Express. We can help you get the right air conditioning products for your home. We’ll thoroughly evaluate your system, and let you know if a repair is feasible. And, if it isn’t, we’ll help you find the best incentives available to help with the costs of your purchase. There’s no need to worry with BC Express – we’re here to help! Just give us a call at 732.240.2828 and we will be more than happy to assist you!
Get an Estimate
Can’t say enough good things about them.
Couldn’t Be Happier
Wonderful, Very Skilled and Personable
I Highly Recommend Them
Responsive, Thorough and Professional