BC Express review scores as of 8/22/22
Not Sure if Your Furnace is On the Fritz? Here Are 5 Ways You Can Tell.
BC Express review scores as of 8/22/22
It’s that time of year again when people are thinking about the cold weather that will surely arrive sooner than later. For some, their furnaces have already kicked on during the chillier evenings. But maybe you’re a bit concerned that your furnace isn’t quite ready for the cooler weather this year. Maybe it didn’t keep you as comfortable as you’d have liked last winter, or maybe it’s simply getting up there in age. If you’re concerned about your furnace’s performance, what are some signs you can look for that might help you decide if it’s time to replace?
ENERGY STAR® is focused on helping consumers stay comfortable all year long while maintaining the best efficiency possible – so they can save energy and money on their utility bills. On their website, they share some signs that can point to potential equipment failure – we’re sharing five that are relevant to heating equipment below. Read more to learn whether or not your furnace could be experiencing some technical difficulties.
Five Furnace Failure Indicators
- Your equipment is older. Furnaces generally last 15 years before they need replacing. If your furnace is edging up toward that age and hasn’t been performing as well as it used to, you might want to start thinking about replacing it. Unfortunately, furnaces that haven’t received the proper maintenance can start to show signs of failure even sooner. That being said, you can help ensure your furnace lasts longer by getting annual maintenance and changing out dirty filters.
- Your utility bills are creeping up. If you’ve noticed a steady increase in your utility bills over the past couple of winters that doesn’t correlate with rising utility costs, then it means your furnace is likely working harder to give you the heating output your home requires. You’ll definitely want to give BC Express a call – sometimes the solution is simple, like cleaning your system and changing the filter.
- There’s dust everywhere. If you’ve been having to brandish the feather duster and the furniture polish more often, it probably means your furnace is kicking lots of dust, dirt, and other particles around. Luckily, the fix is usually pretty simple – all signs point to a dirty filter. Making sure the filter in your furnace is cleaned or changed frequently not only helps your indoor air quality improve, but it also helps your furnace perform better. Not sure how to change the filter? No problem – give us a call and we’ll be glad to help.
- Your furnace is making strange noises. All mechanical equipment is going to make some noise when it operates. However, if you’re hearing grinding, banging, or squealing sounds coming from your equipment, that is a pretty good indication of a mechanical failure somewhere in your furnace. Turn it off and call BC Express to come help.
- Frequent or expensive repairs have become the norm. If you’ve had to make frequent repairs to your system, or the cost of repairs is becoming a hefty expense, then you probably will want to consider replacing your system. One rule of thumb is to multiply the cost of repairs by the age of your system. If the number is 5000 or more, then it’s probably more advantageous for you to start thinking about a new system.
Nobody wants to think about replacing their furnace.
We get it – furnaces, and other types of HVAC equipment, are expensive. But, they’re necessary for the best home comfort for you and your family. That’s why at BC Express, we work hard to help you get the right system for your home, within your budget. We strive to find all applicable rebates and incentives, so you can save money when the time comes to replace. And, we provide our customers with the most energy-efficient equipment possible. So, while you’ll inevitably have to spend money to replace your furnace, you’ll start saving on your energy consumption – and ultimately your energy bills – right away.
If you think your furnace might need repairs, or if you’re considering replacing it, all you need to do is give us a call at 732.240.2828. We’ll be happy to schedule an appointment with you to discuss your home heating needs and to help you find the best furnace solutions for you and your family.
Get an Estimate
Responsive, Thorough and Professional
Wonderful, Very Skilled and Personable
Fair and Competitive Pricing
Everyone at BC is Very Knowledgeable
Can’t say enough good things about them.